Sunday, February 19, 2012

Liquid Hand Soap from The Farmer's Nest

I loved this recipe so much I wanted to share. ( this is a re-post from The Farmer's Nest, this is not my recipe)

http://www.thefarmersnest.com/2011/11/liquid-hand-soap-diy.html

How to Make Liquid Hand Soap from a bar of soap {DIY}
The other night I was bathing the Littles and began to look at the ingredients listed on the liquid body wash bottle and started to think about the fact that the majority of it is water, then I looked at the hand wash and same thing.... aqua. Because most people have turned to liquid soap rather than bar soap I figured there must be a way to convert the cheap bar soap into the expensive liquid soap we all know and love. After I tucked the littles into bed I began my google research and there it was...a wealth of information on the subject. I combined a number of "recipes" into one that works perfect!


Here's what you need:

Cheese grater (from the dollar store)
2 Tablespoons of Liquid Glycerin (found in the band aid section at any drugstore or grocery store)
1 - 8 oz bar of soap
1 gallon of water

I have had this same recipe for months and I still have half a gallon left! ENJOY and THANK YOU The Farmer's Nest!!!!

1 comment:

The Green Mum said...

Please note I used MEYERS Lavender Organic Soap, and it smells heavenly!